MyLodgeTax prepares, files, and remits your lodging tax returns accurately every time – guaranteed. Just $20 / month.
MyLodgeTax was founded by vacation rental owners to offer a very simple and affordable lodging tax compliance solution for other homeowners and hosts. We speak about taxes in simple terms, not complicated jargon. There is a lot of confusion about what needs to be done and how to do it. Our mission is to handle all the forms, registrations, filings and tax payments for our customers so they don’t have to worry about it.
While helping homeowners is where we started, our solution has grown to serve property managers, hotel operators, corporate housing providers, travel companies, and many other businesses that have to collect and remit lodging tax. We provide lodging tax compliance solutions for both large and small companies.
We file your lodging taxes in 3 easy steps:
- Set up your property: Our tax experts will work with you to determine which state and local licenses you need and help you complete your registrations.
- Report your revenue: Once per month, simply log into your MyLodgeTax account and report your rental revenue. We’ll file and pay the taxes.
- Enjoy peace of mind: Get back to running your vacation rental knowing your lodging taxes are filed correctly – guaranteed!
Features and Benefits
- Complete any required registration or licensing forms: Most short-term vacation rentals need to register or obtain licenses with multiple state and local tax agencies. We do it all for you!
- Determine your exact lodging tax rate: Using your rental address, we’ll determine exactly which state, county, and city tax rates you need to collect and file.
- Prepare, file, and pay all lodging taxes when due: Most property owners file over 16 forms per year with multiple agencies, monthly and quarterly. We guarantee all filings are accurate.
- Provide a record of all tax filings and payments: Access your lodging tax filing and payment history at any time by simply logging into your MyLodgeTax account.
Need to know your tax rate? Get the tax rate and licensing requirements for your location with our free tax rate lookup tool. See your tax rate >
With MyLodgeTax, you can be confident you have tax experts filing tax returns on your behalf. We strive every day to achieve the following goals:
- Make lodging tax return filing incredibly simple—just input your revenue, we’ll do the rest
- File accurate lodging tax returns—guaranteed
- Deliver a cloud based product that is super easy to use
- Over 200,000 lodging tax returns filed
- Over $200 million in taxes paid
- Returns filed in over 25,000 locations in all 50 states
Avalara is the worst company that I have ever worked with and my advise to any company is to stay away from this awful company, they are not what they say they are. They were unresponsive when contacted and when they do response the service is just poor. I had an agreement with them that any VAT returns would be charged at €149. I paid €149 for the first return (Q4) they prepared. I was then send an invoice of €298 for the end of year annual return. I queried this and after two weeks I was told that the charge for a standard end of the year return was €298. When I presented them with the agreement they sent me they then changed their story insisting that the annual return they prepared was not a standard one and that additional work was carried out. I'm refusing to pay this amount and they are threatening to send in debt collection team. Please do yourself a favour and avoid Avalara as they would likely present you with false invoices. Okey Dinneya
Absolutely the worse international VAT advisors we have ever worked with. They don't give any phone support and emails take 2-3 weeks for replies. This results in late payment/filing fines which they promise to pay but never do. Wish I'd never moved to this company, I advise you to avoid. When thing are ok, it's highly automated but when things go wrong... you'll wish you'd never met them.
Do yourself a favor and avoid this company. They over sold me on what I actually needed, admitted it, and still wouldn't refund me. They remitted my taxes incorrectly which cost me more money. Not one person was helpful there. All they will do are send you instructions in an email on how to "solve your problem". No one there actually knows how to even use their own software correctly I don't think. Even my "account manager" that sent me an email introducing himself as my account manager let me know that he wasn't my account manager once I started to have problems and wouldn't get back to me. It was mind blowing how horrible of a company they are and how much they charge to suck that hard. DO NOT USE THEM!