Lease a Loftium home with a separate Airbnb for guaranteed low rent, pay even less for being a great host.
How It Works
- Low rent, guaranteed: You get discounted rent for hosting, no matter how the Airbnb performs.
- Get rewarded for great hosting: In addition to the cleaning fees each month ($500+ avg), you keep 20-50% of the Airbnb income after the property cost is covered.
- Private, furnished Airbnb: All Loftium homes have separate Airbnb spaces, furnished by Loftium & decorated by you.
Hosting, made easy
With Loftium’s tools and training, you can be an out-performing host with as little as 60 minutes per week hosting, whether at home or traveling around the globe.
- Basic furniture provided: We provide a free, basic furniture/linens package to make it easy (and affordable!) for you to decorate your Airbnb to reflect your personal style. See what Loftium provides here.
- Keyless checkin & checkout: We provide an automated keypad for your door, so you never need to worry about a lost key or having to be home to let a guest in.
- Automated messaging: Create custom message templates that get automatically sent to your guests, so they have all the information they need, and you don’t even need to lift a finger.
- Optimized pricing: Save time and earn more with our automated pricing engine. We automatically adjust your prices to maximize your listing income.
Lease with Loftium in a few simple steps
- Signup online: Fill out your Loftium renter profile – it’s completely free and takes just minutes.
- Choose a home: Authorize a quick background & credit check and take a self-tour of any available home at your convenience.
- Sign your Loftium lease: Move in, get settled, start hosting!
I started with loftium as a landlord since October 2019. I can’t lie things had been great getting my monthly payments in line clock work. Then COVID hit and Loftium reached out in March. They asked for my help to temporary adjust my monthly payment. I did to hopefully keep them afloat and continue doing business. So our initial talks was to revisit out agreement in June 2020. By giving them time to adjust and re-shift their business model. They are slowly gong back to profiting. They were only paying 52% of the original rent which was a hit but I knew it was temporary. They bumped it up to 85% effective June 2020. I figured instead of bashing them like these landlords that had been profiting for yrs. Why not help not only Loftium but the tenants living there. I hope they continue to shift towards good. The only thing I would like for them to do is communicate a little better. I know they are short staffed but communication is key.
Loftium continues to fail to pay rent to landlords, despite a recent cash infusion of $15 million by investors. Even if they somehow survive the COVID-19 epidemic, this company will owe millions in unpaid rent to the landlords of the 700+ properties they have leases on throughout the country. Assuming the average rent of their properties is around $2000 and most landlords did not sign the poorly written addendum they sent out, they will owe around $1.4 million each month through April, May, June, and July while having no income from AirBNB and a large number of defaults by subtenants. When the CARES Act provisions end, the door opens up for debt collection... This company is a sinking ship. The majority of employees were laid off, and they were actually the lucky ones. The employees that remain have to answer calls from angry landlords all day, and would much rather be let go to collect increased unemployment compensation. All the while, the cofounders do nothing to communicate with their clients besides a rare, vague email that says little to nothing about the efforts they're making to rectify the situation. Yet the CEO and COO still collect their salaries that originate from rent paid by subtenants living in properties that someone else owns and pays a mortgage on...
Do NOT rent or become a landlord with this disorganized, lying company. They'll expect you to clean an Airbnb for 4 months without paying you. They'll say you get 40% Airbnb profit share then lie & fail to live up to their promises.They constantly change their business model & fail to keep you informed of changes. Airbnb guests will send your utility bill skyrocketing, throw parties, & Loftium won't respond to concerns for 4+ days. Absolute worst experience I've had with a company.