As the sharing economy continues to grow, the entrepreneurs who power it must be prepared to address a wide variety of complex legal issues and ever-changing regulations and infrastructure. At KDV, our attorneys appreciate the unique challenges members of the sharing community face as they navigate this new and emerging legal landscape. The lawyers in our Sharing Economy Legal Services Practice possess a breadth of experience handling insurance, real property, intellectual property, contract, tax and other matters related to the sharing economy. We provide first rate legal advice, counsel and litigation services to the diverse members of the sharing economy, from individual entrepreneurs and small business owners, to the community of large sharing economy enterprises such as Uber and Airbnb.
With a strong background in traditional business litigation and a deep understanding of how the same issues impact the sharing economy, our attorneys aim to deliver creative solutions in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Whether we are representing a mom-and-pop business, a growing enterprise, or the user base of a sharing economy service, we take the time to understand our clients’ needs and objectives and work with them to develop strategies that achieve the results they seek.
The legal professionals in our Sharing Economy Legal Services Practice assist clients with a full range of legal matters, including:
- Drafting and review of contracts and agreements (including leases, property management, real estate governance and purchase agreements and concierge agreements)
- Disputes involving leases and Tenancy in Common (TIC), Homeowners Association (HOA), and Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CCRs) agreements
- Premises liability
- Insurance coverage
- Real property disputes and resolution
- Corporate advice and counsel
- Business entity formation
- Labor and employment issues
- Tax compliance
- Regulatory advice, counsel and defense in connection with city planning, municipal zoning and tax departments, and state regulatory bodies matters
- Intellectual property
- Risk management
KDV is proud of the strong reputation our sharing economy attorneys have developed in this diverse and evolving field of law. Members of our practice are frequently solicited by legal and business news providers, including Law360, the Daily Journal and Forbes, to comment on employee classification, privacy issues, background checks, landlord-tenant matters involving home-sharing businesses, and other emerging legal issues arising in the sharing economy arena.