Airbnb Plus is a new selection of only the highest quality homes with hosts known for great reviews and attention to detail.
Every home is visited by an Airbnb representative in person for a 100+ point quality inspection prior to being accepted into the program.
There are a number of benefits that come with membership in the program that help hosts get found more often. These include:
A verified Airbnb PLUS badge to help build trust with guests
Elevated placement and increased visibility in search results
An all-new listing page designed to help you stand out
Updated photography to highlight your home’s features
Immersive photo home tour to help guests visualize your space
Before requesting or accepting an invite, take a moment to think about whether the program is a good fit for you and your home.
Below is a checklist of requirements that will need to be met to qualify...
- Interior design is thoughtfully styled. Everything out in the open is either aesthetic or could be used by a guest.
- Layout of furniture is thoughtfully arranged and not cluttered. It’s easy to walk around in every room.
- Dishware sets (plates, bowls, dining ware, glasses, wine glasses, etc.) aren’t outdated and match.
- Wires and cables for entertainment system and other electronics are organised and hidden from sight as much as possible
Extra Cleanliness and Care
- Furniture is in good condition, without stains, scuffs, breaks or tears
- Walls, floors, and ceilings don’t have scuffs, cracks, stains, buckling, cobwebs, or visible dust
- Carpets and rugs aren’t stained or too worn
- Windows are clean and not cracked
- Air conditioning and heating works as expected
- Lights work in all guest spaces
- A neutral or pleasant aroma in every room
- No signs of pests
- Mirrors are clean and not cracked
- Shower heads and faucets don’t leak
- All fixtures (e.g. showerhead, faucets, cabinet handles, toilet paper holder) are stable, not loose.
- Sinks, stoves, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, ovens, and any other available appliances, are working and clean, with no smells or damage
- Gardens and lawns are well-kept, with no overgrowth or dead plants
- Outdoor equipment like BBQ grills are clean and have propane or charcoal provided
- Pools and/or hot tubs have clean water
- Shower curtains and/or shower walls are clean and not mildewed
- Medicine cabinet, counters, and shower/bath are clean and free of personal items
- Windows provide privacy (frosted glass or window coverings)
- Strong water pressure and hot and cold water
- Toilet is clean and flushes properly
- Easy check-in 24/7: There’s a lockbox, digital lock, keypad, OR a door person, host, or co-host is always available to give guests a key
- Printed house manual that includes host and emergency contact info, wifi password, and checkout procedures.
- Empty drawer or shelf is available for guests’ clothing
- Counters and cabinets are organised and clutter-free
- If the entire home is booked by a guest, any perishables could be consumed by the guest. If they booked a private room, the kitchen should have a space for guests’ food.
- Entryway is clean and illuminated
- Door to entrance for listing closes properly and has a lock
- Private bedrooms have private bathrooms (guest only) and include a bath and/or shower
- Bedrooms in houses shared with others:
- Must have a door that locks from the inside
- Window treatments, such as curtains or frosted glass, to provide privacy are installed
- Beds and bedding:
- Mattresses that are comfortable, flat, and clean
- Soft matching bedding sets (sheets and pillowcases) without stains or holes
- 2 full and fluffy sleeping pillows for every guest
- Top covers (e.g. duvet with a cover, or comforter, quilt, or blanket) are washable, and not worn or dated.
- Cover exposed box spring bases with a base wrap, bed skirt OR extra fitted sheet
Supplies and Equipment
- Fast wifi with download speeds of at least 5 Mbps (you can run a quick, free test to find your wifi speed by opening a web browser window and typing in “test wifi speed”)
- TV or projector has a remote control and gives guests access to media/entertainment (e.g. cable, Netflix, Roku).
- Kitchen supplies (if applicable): Salt, Pepper, Cooking oil, Frying pan, Sauce pan, Small pot, Medium pot, Tongs, Ladle, Spatula, Cutting board, Set of knives, Wine opener/corkscrew, Dishware sets (plates, bowls, etc.), Extra garbage bags, Paper towels, Dish cloths, Sponge, Dish soap
- Bathroom supplies: Shampoo, conditioner, body soap, hand soap, extra toilet paper that’s easy to find, hair dryer (at least one per listing), at least 2 sets of soft, plush towels including bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths available in every bathroom.
- Water, coffee, and tea supplies: Bottled or filtered water is available, there’s a coffee maker that’s clean and functional, extra coffee filters are available (if needed), and there’s coffee, tea, sugar, half-and-half/creamer
- Ironing board and iron are available or can be requested
- Closet or clothing rack includes at least 8 available hangers.
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are installed
4.8 average rating from guests
Accepts 95% of booking requests
No cancellations in the past year
Because of these requirements, the Airbnb Plus program is not suitable for everyone. Not all hosts have homes that meet the premium standards required of the program, and not all hosts may wish to invest the time and effort required to meet the home and host requirements.
Furthermore, given the host requirements, the program is also not appropriate for new Airbnb hosts. New hosts should familiarize themselves with the program, and to the extent that they aspire to one day shortly join, begin the process of preparing their homes and hosting standards towards meeting the requirements at a time in the not too distant future.
How to Apply for Airbnb Plus
Currently the program is only available (or coming shortly) to the following cities:
- Athens, Greece
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Austin, U.S.
- Bali, Indonesia
- Barcelona, Spain
- Beijing, China
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Chengdu, China
- Chicago, U.S.
- Crete, Greece
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Los Angeles, U.S.
- London, UK
- Melbourne, Australia
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Montreal, Canada
- Milan, Italy
- Phoenix, U.S.
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Rome, Italy
- San Francisco, U.S.
- Seattle, U.S.
- Shanghai, China
- Sydney, Australia
- Toronto, Canada
If you are an Airbnb host in any of those cities, there is a multi-step process for being accepted into the program:
1. Accept or request an Invitation
Some hosts are invited to the program because they've raised the bar with their home and consistently given guests a great stay. In all other instances, hosts in qualifying cities may request an invitation too.
2. Initial virtual review
Airbnb are looking to recognize thoughtfully styled, comfortable, extra clean, and well-equipped homes. To verify each home meets these requirements, they do an initial review using current photos you share on Airbnb. If you qualify, later, you’ll schedule your home visit where you’ll be charged a one-time non-refundable application fee of $149.
3. Home Visit Inspection
Once your listing is ready, schedule a home visit. An Airbnb partner will walk through your space with you and capture any last things to do to get ready for the program. You’ll get a professional photo shoot of your space and a personalized report on ways to get your space ready for Airbnb Plus.
4. Update listing details
Airbnb Plus listings have a whole new look to help them stand out in search results. You'll get your listing ready by using your new photos and adding more details about your space.
5. Start Earning More
Once you’re part of Airbnb Plus, Airbnb will continue to offer resources for you so your hosting and your home will shine. This includes being able to rely on their premium support team to resolve issues quickly on your behalf.