REVIEWS AND CREDIBILITY
Airbnb created the Verified ID process to build trust in the Airbnb community. It gives hosts and guests more information when deciding who they want to host or stay with on Airbnb.
Airbnb users have the opportunity of verifying their identity by connecting their Airbnb profiles to other social networks as well as scanning official ID and confirming personal details.
What does the ID verification process involve?
- Taking a photo or uploading an image of your government-issued ID (such as your driver’s license or passport)
- Connecting another social media profile to your Airbnb account (such as a Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn account)
- Uploading an Airbnb profile photo and providing a phone number and email address
When you’ve completed the Verified ID process, you’ll earn the Verified ID badge on your profile:
Many guests look for this badge when deciding whether they wish to stay with a particular host.
Once you complete the ID verification process, your profile will display all the ways that Airbnb have been able to verify you and your identity.
If we take a look at the example below, we can see that Airbnb have been able to confirm the following things about this particular host:
Now imagine you’re a guest looking for a place to stay. You’re debating between one of two places and could go either way. Both look like good options, but the verified IDs for the hosts of the two places looks like this…
Who would you stay with?
Whilst the second host will in most likelihood turn out to be just as reliable, just as trustworthy and provide just as good a hosting experience; most guests will be operating with the mindset why take a chance?
Your job is to nip in the bud as many potential concerns that prevent you and your place from being perceived as the natural and obvious choice of where a guest wishes to stay. And there’s no easier way of doing that than by verifying your ID and eliminating any trust and safety concerns.
Just as you take comfort in seeing the verified ID badge when screening guests that want to stay at your place, so too will guests screen you when deciding where they want to stay.
The added benefit is that once verified, it is forevermore a badge you can display on your profile for all future prospective guests to see – there’s no need to re-verify or renew existing verifications.
You can begin the Airbnb verification process by clicking here.
To add more verifications:
- Login to Airbnb
- Click on your account profile photo in the top right corner
- Select Profile
- Select Verify more info (at bottom of the Verified info box)
- Select Connect for each of the social media platforms (Facebook, Google and LinkedIn) you wish to connect to your Airbnb account