We coach you step-by-step to help get your taxes done right, even if you have no previous tax knowledge. Get every dollar you deserve and your biggest tax refund, guaranteed. File with confidence knowing every tax solution has help if you need it—from an online forum, to specialists, to advice from CPAs or EAs.
You answer simple questions about your life. We do all the math. Simply tell us what you do for a living, if you own a home, if you have any children, and about any charitable donations you made this year. Our calculations are 100% accurate, guaranteed. Plus, TurboTax is up-to-date with the latest tax laws, so you can be confident your taxes will be done right.
Getting started is a snap with W-2 snap & auto-fill. Take a picture of your W-2, verify your data and watch as your information securely uploads into all the right tax forms for you.
Get your fastest tax refund possible. File your return electronically to get your fastest refund possible. For extra peace of mind, you’ll receive email confirmation from the IRS once your tax return has been accepted. Once you’ve filed, you can track your tax return online or on your phone with our TurboTax mobile app to know when your refund will hit your bank account.
Pay nothing out of pocket. If you do not want to use a credit card, simply subtract any TurboTax preparation fees from your federal tax refund and have the remaining balance deposited directly into your bank account. Additional fees may apply.
Satisfaction guaranteed. TurboTax gives you the power to get your taxes done right and your maximum refund, guaranteed. Start TurboTax now and prepare your tax return for FREE. Pay only when you decide to print or e-file.
Why choose TurboTax?
- The leader in tax software: For over 30 years, TurboTax products have been continuously ranked as the #1 best-selling tax software helping Americans keep more of their hard-earned money. Our software is up-to-date with the latest tax laws and the most innovative technology.
- Taxes done right, guaranteed: We guarantee our calculations are 100% accurate. We run thousands of error checks as you go and double-check your tax return before you file. Rest assured, if you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, we’ll pay you the penalty and interest.
- Rated 4.7 out of 5 stars: With thousands of customer reviews and an average of 4.7 out of 5 TurboTax is the best-selling tax software. Our products provide a secure, easy-to-use experience for any tax situation. Read real TurboTax reviews from people like you.
- Out-ranking the competition: Ranked #1 in tax software with 4 out of 4 stars by toptenreview.com, TurboTax provides an “intuitive interface that makes it easy to file your taxes online and get the best return you can.”
- TurboTax Live: Your tax return reviewed by an experienced CPA or EA and backed by our 100% Accuracy Guarantee. See how it works.
- Get your fastest tax refund: File your tax return electronically to receive your fastest tax refund possible.
- Capture your W-2 in a snap: Get a jumpstart on your taxes. Simply snap a photo of your W-2 with your phone or tablet, verify your data and watch as your information is securely put into all the right tax forms for you.
- Guidance in case of an audit: Every personal TurboTax return is backed by our Audit Support Guarantee for free one-on-one audit guidance from a trained tax professional.
- Security is built into everything we do: TurboTax works hard to safeguard your information so you can file your taxes confidently.
- TurboTax on the go: Get your taxes done right anytime from anywhere with the TurboTax mobile app. Seamlessly switch between your phone, tablet, or computer and pick up right where you left off whenever it’s convenient for you. Your information is saved with secure encryption and protected behind your personal password.
- Your tax refund, your way: Choose to receive your tax refund by check, direct deposit to your bank account, or to a TurboSM Prepaid Visa® Card. You can use this card everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, including online and ATMs.
- One-on-one answers, on demand: With SmartLook™, you’re not alone. Connect with a TurboTax specialist through one-way video and get answers to your questions and guidance right on your screen.
I paid for "full service" TurboTax Live — The "Tax specialist" missed 3 of my uploaded 1099s, misspelled my wife's name on the forms (multiple times) and overall was a a slow and clunky experience. The specialist then ghosted me and turbotax paired me with another individual (with no notice). Do not recommend.
What a rip off company. DO NOT sign up for QB online. Once they have your credit card, even though they tell you there is a trial period and you cancel well within that time frame. Still, they bill you until you literally complain. Then they tell you the account is now cancelled and your once again surprised when you are billed a second time because "you are between months". Lousy service, lousy customer relations. Very sad. I used to admire this company but for $50 (its not the money, its the principle), they are willing to lose a long, long term customer. Very sad. Shame on you Intuit and your customer service rep, Marnelli. When I asked to communicate with a supervisor I was told all of them were in a closed meeting and I could call an 800 number if I wanted to. Like that would do any good. No just dispute the charge because all their hype about a trial period puts me in the clear.
It seems even legitimate companies like TurboTax are now baiting people with misleading ads and false advertising. I expected better considering almost everything online nowadays is either a scam, spam, fake ad or something else. I've used TT for 4 years and never complained purely because I felt like their UI and simplicity is great. However, I realized they were cheating people including myself especially during pandemic when they claimed it was free. Well, unfortunately, after wasting like half an hour doing everything, they hit you with a charge (I forgot how much) but somewhere between $80-110 to file despite the ad saying free. In fact, the ad was grossly exaggerating since it didn't even have an asterisk with fine print regarding what they consider to be free. Then on the website, it says for "simple" tax returns like that means anything to anyone. I was embarrassed I even suggested TurboTax to anyone because I thought I was trying to be helpful and help others file for free since they already lost their jobs and suffered enough. Well, I was wrong. Then, I notice this year, I was charged way more for just filing a W-2 (which is what most people have anyway). I'm considering switching my services. Also, I raved about the UI and simplicity of their platform but when I had to file some business expenses for my separate small business, you're required to input all the data manually but the moment you reach 10+ entries, the page starts to slow down badly. This made is very difficult for me to file expenses.