It starts with keyless entry and flows into a range of solutions that provide operational efficiency and a personalized guest experience. All managed from a single dashboard.
Keyless entry is a gamechanger for busy property managers, and guests love the flexibility of self check-in. Best of all? We integrate with your PMS and automate the entire process.
- Save time & money: Keyless entry eliminates time spent on key exchanges, manual code creation, and lost keys leading to guest lock-outs.
- Boost your revenues: Charge a fee for early check-in, accommodate last-minute & late-night bookings, and increase guest ratings.
- Protect your properties: Unique codes are generated for each booking and expire at check-out time. No risk of copied keys or unauthorized re-entry.
- Enjoy peace of mind: Guests check themselves in and out securely 24/7. No more worrying about lockboxes and entry codes that don’t get changed.
Energy & Comfort
Guest comfort is critical to ensuring five-star reviews and repeat business. Operto ensures that each guest has a comfortable stay while also cutting down your monthly energy bill. All you need is a smart thermostat and our environment monitor.
- Ensure guest comfort:
Cool down the unit before each guest’s arrival, or warm it up in winter. No one likes walking into a freezer.
- Save on energy costs: Guest checked out without turning off the heat? No problem. Operto does it for you – and turns off the lights.
- Monitor air quality: Make sure every guest gets a good night’s sleep by monitoring air quality and humidity.
Combining noise monitoring, CO2 analysis, and smart lock data enables Operto to prevent violations and ensure compliance. Guest privacy is maintained and you can sleep soundly knowing your property is protected.
- Stop parties with noise alerts: Operto alerts you when a party is raging – before your neighbour complains!
- Prevent unauthorized guests: See real-time occupancy, and prevent the entire football team from crashing on the floor for a two-person reservation.
- Review detailed access logs: Comprehensive access logs show you exactly who entered and when – including guests and cleaning & maintenance staff.
- Avoid break-ins and illegal re-entry: Tamper detection alerts you if someone is trying to enter your property without permission.
Remember the last time you stayed somewhere that truly felt like home? Personalized technology will make your guest feel like your suite was designed just for them. That’s an experience they’ll remember.
- Welcome your guest home: Display a personalized welcome message on the TV and play a fun song over your WiFi speaker.
- Watch your own shows: No one wants local cable TV. Let your guest watch Netflix on the big screen, all streamed from their own phone.
- Offer early check-in: Cleaner finishes early? Offer your guest early check-in for a fee. No more killing time at the coffee shop – your vacation starts now.
The Operto dashboard is your operational command center. We bring all of your solutions into one place, enabling you to view and manage your portfolio in real-time. Operto eliminates the guesswork, so you can manage your business with clarity.
- Take the pulse of your units: Know how many guests have checked-in and which units still need to be serviced.
- Prioritize cleaning and maintenance: Schedule your teams based on real-time information from each unit.
- Empower your team members: Set flexible permissions for in-house staff and outside contractors.
- Roll out Operto on your terms: Deploy solutions on your schedule to the properties that need them.
We were initially drawn to Operto due to the intuitive UI and many integrations offered, as well as it being recommended by other solutions with which we had already integrated. However, there were some initial issues integrating with operto, as the program is unable to trigger any native smart things automations. We eventually thought we had found a way around this by creating our own automations that responded to state changes, but according to operto, their solution cannot coexist with ANY other automations on smart things, rendering everything we created useless. I will mention that Operto did seem to work for a time with our automations (namely WebCoRE), and then fail, and that the "failure to coexist with any automations whatsoever" (paraphrase) sentiment comes from Operto, and not personal experience. We would not recommend Operto to smart things users that have literally any other automation whatsoever operating on their hub, as Operto reportedly cannot function with it. Additionally, if you already own hardware, specifically smart locks (other than Yale), Operto is probably not a good solution for you. Several lock automation solutions are designed in such a way to be flexible across lock brands and models, though Operto seems to be both fixed on the Yale brand and very specific models. We ended up purchasing a lock specifically to use Operto's system, a decision that would result in a loss on our end, further explained below. Ultimately, our split from Operto was the result of a major breach of trust and safety when a series of codes failed to load on our lock system and we were forced to issue the backup codes from our lock. Too late we learned that these codes never expire unless a representative from operto removes them, and this resulted in a former guest trespassing on the property and incurring more than $1800 in theft and damages. We were entirely unable to remove the codes the guests were using from the locks until business hours the next week, and even then it was 2 days in, a total of 4 days from the initial report. The major security flaw in the system as a result of non-user editable backup codes caused us to express concern about our future with operto, and mention impending cancellation. However, as transition from one company to the other is a process and takes time, and we were in the middle of crises involving fraud, theft and damages, we could not direct our attention towards a transition at the time. Operto however, felt it appropriate to mention in every email, from every responding staff member, including the Director of Sales, that "we understood you were cancelling..." despite or explanation as to why efforts could not be directed towards that at the time. Ultimately, Operto elect to cancel our services from their end, unilaterally and without approval, while no one was available to manually configure our lock system, in the middle of a crises that they were fully aware of. We 100% do not recommend Operto. We have dealt with a lot of integrations that we have had compatibility issues with. Some are actively working to better themselves, some have filled in the holes that we found while using the platform, and others have found a happy medium to work from. Operto is the only one to cut and run, and in the middle of an extreme crises no less. They seem to serve an EXTREMELY niche market of those with 0 smart things automations and a very small range of locks. If you happen to to fit this description, and do not mind questionable security and and ethics, then go for it. Other wise, we recommend you look at the alternatives out there and do not put the time, effort or money we did into the Operto platform.