DECIDING TO LIST YOUR PLACE ON AIRBNB
Every home is different – be it the size, location or character. Nonetheless, there are essential items that every home listed on Airbnb should possess.
Below is a list of items to consider stocking in your Airbnb. Some places simply won’t need certain items (e.g. heaters in Hawaii) but the following represents a comprehensive list that should prevent your guests from ever saying “I wish this place had a dot-dot-dot”.
For each item, you should strive to find something that satisfies the following home furnishing purchasing principles:
- Price: Given the sea of consumer options these days, why pay more for something you can simply get for less?
- Functionality: Does the item do what your guests would want, need and expect it to do?
- Quality: Spend the extra couple of bucks on buying items that elevate your home furnishings, amenities and hospitality standards.
- Durability: You’re in the short-term home rental game. Make sure your purchases will withstand the test of time.
- Replaceability: Accidents inevitably happen. How easy/hard would it be to replace that one smashed plate?
- Neutrality: Your guests come in all shapes, colors and sizes. Pick unobjectionable items, colors and styles that are agreeable to most.
The following items are a curated list of home essentials that meet the above-mentioned principles…
For the Entire Home
Click here to download the ESSENTIALS FOR YOUR HOME Checklist